With the 2015 Australasian Talent Conference conference in Sydney drawing to a close, here’s 4 key takeaways from the event so far!
The crossover between marketing and HR lies in the way that HR sells their open job vacancies, promotes their company’s brand and values to existing employees and keeps employees happy in their roles through corporate culture.
- “Marketing’s Role is to source new, and retain/upsell existing customers.”
- “HR’s role is to source new, and retain/develop existing talent.”
- 3 in 4 are currently looking for a new job or monitoring the market
- 29% of jobseekers don’t think employers do a good enough job communicating their employer brand.
- 2 of 3 candidates will accept a lower salary if the company has a good employer brand
- Only 39% of Australians are satisfied with their job overall.
By 2020, the workplace will be the most diverse the world has ever seen with candidates from four different generations, with up to 50 years between them:
- Baby Boomers
- Generation X
- Generation Z
- Better Candidate Experience
- Better Brand
- Faster time to fill roles
- More meaningful work
From our perspective, it’s fantastic to see so many organisations focussing on building their employer brand.
You’ve got to set yourself apart as an awesome place to work if you want awesome candidates to join your team!